September 4, 2014 Posted by: Dr. Ace Jeangle
Full HD is here
I was buried under a pile of emails with requests about FullHD release date. Everybody wanted to try RaspberryPi
with its highest possible resolution.
Well, let me answer all your emails at once.
Meet our new Full HD HDMI converter:
New dual-LVDS HDMI converter for FullHD applications
- slim compact design - 6.5x3.5x0.7 cm only
- flat bottom side - can be fixed right on bottom side of LCD panel
- HDMI to Dual-LVDS converter for resolutions up to 1920x1200, 16M colors
- mini HDMI input for video
- slim-profile power connector (OD=2.6mm, ID=0.65mm, positive central pin)
- mini USB connector for easy firmware update, and for programmable backlight control from user application (yes, we did it!)
- integrated backlight controller can generate up to 37V/1.5A right on board for most LCDs up to 23"
- input for external ambient light sensor for automatic brightness control
- easy programmable EDID block (through USB)
- new universal 40-pins LVDS connector
We will offer this converter as a standalone solution, and will also offer in bundle with our new FullHD+ LCD:
FullHD+ 10" LCD specifications:
New FullHD+ 10" LCD with integrated HDMI converter
- Display: 10” full-color a-Si TFT with IPS technology
- Native resolution: 1920x1200 pixels
- Aspect ratio: 16:10 (widescreen)
- Display colors: 16 millions (8-bits per color)
- Panel dimensions: 229.5mm (H) x 149.2mm (V)
- Weight: 138 grams
- Power consumption: 3W (typ)
- Brightness: 400 cd/m2 (nits)
- Contrast ratio: 800:1
- Viewing angle: 89 deg (all directions)
- Works well with RaspberryPi (original and B+), actually it's the highest possible resolution supported by RasPi
That's not all, folks! Lets continue tomorrow with news. Stay tuned!
Needs slim-profile power connector (OD=2.6mm, ID=0.65mm, positive central pin)/
What voltage & current requirements for board. 3 watts does not tell the whole story.
We need MORE pictures of this board to see other sides and reverse side.
Reverse side is flat, no components at all. For more details about board look here: https://chalk-elec.com/?p=2121